More about GST Registration:
- GST Registration is an online process in which any person holding any business entity (Proprietorship/Partnership/LLP/Company) has to obtain unique GST registration number issued by the concerned tax authority to collect or pay taxes to government or avail Input tax credit (ITC).
- Every registered taxpayer will be allotted a unique 15 digit GST Identification Number (GSTIN) comprising of the State Code and PAN Number of applicant. On successful registration, the taxpayer gets abided to follow and comply provisions & procedures stated in the CGST Act.
- The act also provides the minimum registration criteria and specifies voluntary and compulsory registration for entities.
Who should apply for GST?
- Having turnover from selling goods of Rs. 40 Lakhs or receipts from selling service of Rs. 20 Lakhs*.
- Interstate Suppliers of goods. (Interstate supply of service is exempt from compulsory registration)
- Casual Taxable Person (CTP).
- E-Commerce Operator
- Non-Resident Taxable Person.
- Person liable to pay under the Reverse Charge Mechanism (RCM)
- Person deducting TDS/TCS
- Entities recognised under SEZs.
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
Documents required for GST Registration
|Documents||Proprietorship||Partnership||LLP||Company (Public/Private/OPC/Section 8)|
|PAN of Applicant /Entity/Directors||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Bank Account Details||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|KYC proof of Applicant/Directors (Aadhaar , Voter ID etc)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Proof of Registered Address of Business /Rent agreement( if applicable.)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|MOA (Memorandum of Association ) and AOA (Article of Association)||✓|
Consequences for Non-Registration
FAQs on GST Registration
Q1. Is their any renewal period for GST Registration?
Q2. Is amendment in GST Registration possible after submission?
Get 30 Mins Phone Consultation with our Tax experts if you have any query regarding GST registration or your GST returns. You will get a mail first from our experts to ask your query and later you can have a call for 30 mins. Our Tax experts are experienced Practicing Chartered Accountant who will help you with Legal as well as practical solution.
If you face any issues with booking or making payment feel free to mail us at Support@taxontips.com