To facilitate the taxpayer registered under GST with more methods of payment, two new facilities of payment have now been provided under e-payment in addition to net-banking. The two new methods are Cards and Unified Payments Interface (UPI). Cards facility includes Credit Card (CC) and Debit Card (DC) namely Mastercard, Visa, RuPay, Diners(CC only) issued by any Indian bank.
Payment through CC/DC/UPI can be made through Kotak Mahindra Bank irrespective of CC/DC issued by any Indian bank. Other banks are in the process of integration. At present the facility is available in 10 states and remaining states are expected to join soon.
Quick Steps are as follows:
1. Login to www.gst.gov.in.
2. Create Challan and select E-payment.
3. Choose from multiple payment options such as credit/ debit card or UPI.
4. Select Kotak Mahindra Bank and click on Make Payment.
5. Enter the debit/ credit card or UPI details of any bank of your choice.
6. Complete the transaction.
To read full advisory from GST website CLICK ME.