1. First amendment has been made to Rule 67A for filing of “Nil” GST return i.e. GSTR 3B, GSTR 1 or CMP – 08 by use of SMS.
2. Amendment to Rule 80 whereby registered person with turnover above Rs. 5 crore for FY 2018-19 and FY 2019-20 are only required to get their books of accounts audited in Form GSTR 9C.
3. Introduction of GSTR 2A in rule 142 which now includes details of import of goods and inward supplies of goods received from SEZ.
4. Amendment in Form GSTR 5 and GSTR 5A.
5. Changes in GSTR 9:
In the Table, –
(a) against serial number 8C, in column 2, for the entry, the following entry shall be substituted, namely:-
“ITC on inward supplies (other than imports and inward supplies liable to reverse charge but includes services received from SEZs) received during the financial year but availed in the next financial year up to specified period”;
Earlier it was only showing ITC of GST paid on reverse charge basis.
(b) against Pt. V, for the heading, the following heading shall be substituted, namely: –
“Particulars of the transactions for the financial year declared in returns of the next financial year till the specified period.”;
Earlier Pt. V the heading was: “Particulars of the transactions for the FY 18-19 declared in returns between April 19 till September 19”
Various other changes have been done in instructions of GSTR 9 for FY 2019-20, some of which are as under:
(i) against serial number 6B, after the entries, the following entry shall be inserted, namely: –
“For FY 2019-20, the registered person shall report the breakup of input tax credit as capital goods and have an option to either report the breakup of the remaining amount as inputs and input services or report the entire remaining amount under the “inputs” row only.”;
(ii) against serial number 8A, after the entry, the following entry shall be inserted, namely: –
“For FY 2019-20, it may be noted that the details from FORM GSTR-2A generated as on the 1st November, 2020 shall be auto-populated in this table.”;
(iii) against serial number 10 & 11, after the entries, the following entry shall be inserted, namely: –
“For FY 2019-20, Details of additions or amendments to any of the supplies already declared in the returns of the previous financial year but such amendments were furnished in Table 9A, Table 9B and Table 9C of FORM GSTR-1 of April 2020 to September 2020 shall be declared here.”;
(iv) against serial number 13, –
(1) in the entry beginning with the word, letters and figures “For FY 2018-19” after the words, letters and figures “in the annual return for FY 2019-20.”, the following entry shall be inserted, namely: –
“For FY 2019-20, Details of ITC for goods or services received in the previous financial year but ITC for the same was availed in returns filed for the months of April 2020 to September 2020 shall be declared here. Table 4(A) of FORM GSTR-3B may be used for filling up these details. However, any ITC which was reversed in the FY 2019-20 as per second proviso to sub-section (2) of section 16 but was reclaimed in FY 2020-21, the details of such ITC reclaimed shall be furnished in the annual return for FY 2020-21.”;
6. Changes in GSTR 9C:
There are no major changes in GSTR 9C just FY 2019-20 has been added in table and instructions.
This were some major changes by this notification, if you wish to read full notification in detail CLICK HERE to download.