Implementation of Rule-59(6) on GST Portal
1. Rule-59(6) of CGST Rules, 2017; inserted vide Notification No. 1/2021 dated 1st January 2021, provides for restriction in filing of GSTR-1 in certain cases :
a) a registered person shall not be allowed to furnish the details of outward supplies of goods or services or both under section 37 in FORM GSTR-1, if he has not furnished the return in FORM GSTR-3B for preceding two months;
b) a registered person, required to furnish return for every quarter under the proviso to sub-section (1) of section 39, shall not be allowed to furnish the details of outward supplies of goods or services or both under section 37 in FORM GSTR-1 or using the invoice furnishing facility, if he has not furnished the return in FORM GSTR-3B for preceding tax period;
2. This Rule will be implemented on GST Portal from 1st September, 2021. On implementation of the said Rule, the system will check that whether before the filing of GSTR-1/IFF of a tax-period, the following has been filed or not:
a) GSTR-3B for the previous two monthly tax-periods (for monthly filers), OR
b) GSTR-3B for the previous quarterly tax period (for quarterly filers), as the case may be. The system will restrict filing of GSTR-1/IFF till Rule-59(6) is complied with.
3. This check will operate on clicking the SUBMIT button of GSTR-1 and the system will give an error message if the condition of Rule-59(6) is not met. It may be noted that records which have been saved in GSTR-1 will remain saved and filing of such records will be permitted after Rule-59(6) is complied with.
4. Implementation of Rule-59(6) on the GST Portal will be completely automated, similar to the blocking & un-blocking of e-way bill as per Rule-138E and facility for filing of GSTR-1 will be restored immediately after filing of relevant GSTR-3B. No separate approval would be needed from the tax-officer to restore the facility for filing of GSTR-1.
5. To ensure no disruption in filing GSTR-1/IFF, taxpayers who have not filed their pending GSTR-3B, especially from period November 2020 and afterwards may do so at the earliest.
To read full notification CLICK HERE.
Thus, from now on it will become important to file all the returns within due time or else you won’t be able to file GSTR 1 and which will result in decline of credit to your customer.
You can book phone consultation/ assistance online with expert as mentioned below:
To book ITR filing with experts CLICK ME.
To book phone consultation with experts for any Income tax related matters CLICK ME.
To book consultation for Faceless Assessment with experts CLICK ME.
To book phone consultation with experts for GST related matters CLICK ME.
To book general phone consultation with expert CLICK ME.
Leave a Reply