User Interface (UI) with respect to the address fields in the Registration Application GST REG-01 has been enhanced as follows:-
- Incorporation of a map tile along with a drag and drop facility of address pinhead on to the exact location of the applicant’s address.
- Once selected, the details will automatically fill in the various address input fields given in the application.
- Address fields have been linked so as to auto- fill other macro level address entry fields based on the entry in one of such fields particularly PIN Codes. For example; on entering the PIN code, the corresponding State and Districts will get auto- filled.
- The user can also directly fill-up the address input fields which are now aided with suggestive address input dropdowns from which the user can select the appropriate/relevant address field(s). This action will reduce errors in the address texts and will also ease the filling up of the appropriate address input fields by the user.
- The address fields have been segregated appropriately to reduce confusions while entering the relevant inputs under various address heads.
- Based on the address entries given by the user, the Latitude/ Longitude of the address will get auto populated which is non-editable.
ii. For more information on the Registration Application, please CLICK HERE.
Although this might be a good addition for adding address but adding address was never an issue under GST and now this being mandatory this could even create issue for people who are registering from other location or city as they might not know exact google location. Also, mentioning google location is difficult in various densely populated places.
The problem which should have been solved should be related to auto-fill of jurisdictional officer details based on address of taxpayer as many a times people find it difficult to trace the Jurisdictional Officer while registering GST.
Let’s see when this would be incorporated in GST registration.
To read full CLICK HERE.
You can book phone consultation/ assistance online with expert as mentioned below:
To book ITR filing with experts CLICK ME.
To book phone consultation with experts for any Income tax related matters CLICK ME.
To book consultation for Faceless Assessment with experts CLICK ME.
To book phone consultation with experts for GST related matters CLICK ME.
To book general phone consultation with expert CLICK ME.