MCA has extended due date for filing DPT – 3 till 31.07.2023.
Relevant extract of notification is as under:
Due date for filing Form DPT-3 (Return of deposits) is 30th of June 2023 for the Financial Year ended on 31st March 2023. Keeping in view the transition of MCA-21 Portal from Version-2 to Version-3, it has been decided to allow companies to file Form DPT-3 for the financial year ended on 31st Merrch 2023 without paying additional fees up to 31st July 2O23.
To read notification CLICK ME.
A Brief note on what is Form DPT – 3?
Form DPT-3 is a one-time return form that must be filed by all companies other than government companies to furnish information about deposits and/or outstanding receipt of loan or money other than deposits. The form must be filed with the Registrar of Companies (RoC) on or before 30th June every year, furnishing all information therein as on the 31st day of March of that year duly audited by the auditor of the company.
The information that must be furnished in Form DPT-3 includes:
- Details of the company, such as its name, CIN, registered office address, etc.
- Details of the deposits accepted by the company, such as the amount of deposit, interest rate, maturity date, etc.
- Details of the outstanding loans or money other than deposits, such as the amount of loan, interest rate, repayment terms, etc.
- Details of the security provided for the deposits or loans, such as bank guarantees, fixed deposits, etc.
- Details of the deposit insurance contract, if any.