Yesterday we saw that CBDT has extended few due dates such as due date for ITR, Tax audit report, TDS return etc.
Also an announcement was made regarding launch of new e-filing website and for which e-filing website will not be available for use from 01.06.2021 to 06.06.2021.
Now, a press release has been made wherein various new features of this revamped Income tax e-filing website have been revealed some of which are as under:
- New taxpayer friendly portal integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers;
- All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by taxpayer;
- Free of cost ITR preparation software available online and offline with interactive questions to help taxpayers fill ITR even without any tax knowledge, with pre-filling, for minimizing data entry effort;
- New call center for taxpayer assistance for immediate answers to taxpayer queries with FAQs, Tutorials, Videos and chatbot/live agent;
- All key portal functions on desktop will be available on Mobile App which will be enabled subsequently for full anytime access on mobile network;
- New online tax payment system on new portal will be enabled subsequently with multiple new payment options using netbanking, UPI, CreditCard and RTGS/NEFT from any account of taxpayer in any bank, for easy payment of taxes.
From the above top 3 new key features would be:
Immediate processing of Income tax return: Will this mean that Income tax return shall be processed as and when we file it. As of now it takes a week to a year for processing of an Income tax return.
Free of cost ITR software: As of now one can either prepare and file ITR 1 and 4 online or use offline excel and java utilities to file Income tax returns free of cost. However now Income tax department has announced free software’s which will help people file Income tax return and will they be any good from current Java utility. Recently CBDT had announced JSON software for ITR filing for AY 2021-22 when ITR 1 and 4 were announced for AY 2021-22.
Launch of Mobile App and support for UPI payment: Budget 2021 was announced using a mobile app and now Income tax department is coming up with it’s mobile app for e-filing website which will be a great move as most people using mobile application more than website. One more step towards using technology and digitalization is using UPI for tax payment.
However, there might be more such features in the new e-filing website but same will be unveiled slowly and one will have to wait for that.
We might see some improvement with regard to faceless assessment and appeals in this new and revamped Income tax website.
Also, it has been announced by CBDT that no proceedings/ hearing due date shall fall between 01.06.2021 to 06.06.2021 and if any due date has already been fixed same shall be either preponed or adjourned and they have also asked tax payers to complete all their compliance before this date.
One will be able to enjoy all this new features only after 07.06.2021 when this new website is launched.
Income tax department has also informed all departments such as GST, DGFT etc who use e-filing website for PAN verification that website shall not be available between 01.06.2021 to 06.06.2021 and that they make some arrangements so that their stakeholder’s don’t suffer.
The Press release announcement made by Ministry of Finance in this regard is as under:
To read the Press release CLICK HERE.