DGFT has issued advisory to the people/ businesses registered on the DGFT portal and their consultants with regard to various issues which are as under:
- It has come to the notice of DGFT that many consultants are using their own mobile number and e-mail id while registering and linking IEC of their clients which end up them misusing facility/ benefits given to the exporters.
- It is also seen that many a times digital signature are in the custody of the consultants but same being a security instrument needs to be the custody of the firm or company to whom it belongs and not the consultant.
- Many a times consultants send e-mail or communication on behalf of client without the knowledge or concurrence of the proprietor/ partner or director which is improper. Hence, it is advised to the person registered with DGFT to give strict instructions to their consultant that they should refrain from doing so.
- Further, email id or contact number of only the registered person needs to be given in any communication/ correspondence with the department.
- Also, many consultants represent their client without valid authorization and hence it is advised to have a valid authorization without interacting with the department on behalf of your client and having a blanket authorization would not work. Also, contact details, name and designation of the signatory needs to be mentioned in the letter for cross verification.
- Further, if there is any misuse of the scheme of the government by the consultants then the firm/ company and its members will be held responsible for the same as per Foreign Trade (development & Regulation) Act 1922.
Thus, above are various advisories issued by DGFT for person registered with them.
To download full advisory CLICK HERE.
Leave a Reply