CBDT extends various due dates under Income tax act till 31.05.2021. The above relaxation comes after increasing cases of Covid-19 and lockdown. The relaxation includes:
- Extension of due date to file belated and revised return for AY 2020-21
- Appeal to commissioner appeals where last date was 01.04.2021 or thereafter.
- Income tax return against notice u/s 148 where due date was 01.04.2021 or thereafter.
- Payment of tax under 194-IA and 194-IB and 194M which were required to be filed till 30.04.2021.
- Statement in Form 61 which was required to be filed till 30.04.2021.
- Objection to be filed before DRP where last date is 01.04.2021 or thereafter.
The Press release is as under:
To read the relaxation on Twitter CLICK HERE.