Ministry of Finance has issued an ordinance to clarify the extension of various due dates. Same has been posted on the twitter handle of Ministry of Finance and you can access the same from here. We hope to get a formal ordinance soon. However the major updates are as follows:
- Due date for belated as well as revised return has been extended to 30.06.2020.
- Last date for linking Aadhar with PAN has also been extended from 31.03.2020 to 30.06.2020.
- Due date for making investment in 80C, 80D and 80G have been extended to 30.06.2020.
- Due date for making investment in capital gain saving/ deduction u/s 54 to 54GB has been extended to 30.06.2020.
- Due date for payment of tax under Vivad se Vishwas has been extended from 31.03.2020 to 30.06.2020.
- Due date for furnishing Central excise return for March, April and may has been extended to 30.06.2020.
You can read the other extensions in the below image.
This ordinance has nothing to do with change in Financial year it only relates to extension with regard to relaxation mentioned below. Now we need to wait for the procedure on how they would determine if the investment has been made for Financial year 2019-20 or 2020-21.
This article is just for information purpose it is always advisable to hire a professional for practical execution. If you need assistance you can ask a question to our expert and get the answer within an hour or post a comment about your views on the post and also subscribe to our newsletter for latest weekly updates.