GSTN invites creative entries in form of videos (animation, tutorials, short-films etc.) of 30-120 seconds or static graphics on the various recent initiatives and reforms on GST, like following ( list is only indicative ):
- GST – One nation, one tax, one market,
- GST and reduced taxes on MSMEs,
- GST and automated compliance,
- GST and reduction of monthly household budget,
- Movement of goods without check posts,
- How to register/ file return on GST portal,
- GST and better input credits to businesses.
- How GST has benefitted the tax payers, consumers, and the country etc.
Any Citizen of India can participate in their contest. Each participant can send more than one entry on any of the topics above. One participant (person) will be entitled for one prize only for all the entries sent by them him/her.
- Last date of filing entries is 15th October, 2020 .
- Method of filing the entry is: By sending attachments/link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection criteria of the prize winners is as below:
- Creativity and accuracy of the content
- Usefulness of the videos or static graphics for the GST ecosystem including taxpayers
- Impact created on GST tax payers and eco-system by the content, through various platform such as social media, webinar etc. Thus the impact of entries in form its views, likes, sharing etc will also be one of the criteria for selection of the winner.
- All videos or static graphics of the participant will be considered for the evaluation.
- Above materials already placed on the social media channels such as Facebook, twitter, YouTube etc may also be sent.
- The decision of GSTN in selection of awards will be final.
- GSTN will have the right to use the entries for public education and awareness and to that extent Intellectual Property of the videos and static graphics will vest with GSTN.
- 1st – Rs. 1,00,000 – one in number,
- 2nd – Rs. 50,000 – four in number,
- 3rd – Rs. 10,000 – twenty in number
- Total prize would amount to Rs 5,00,000/- (Rs Five Lakhs only).
- The Prize money will be sent to the winner’s bank account only.
- All cash prizes will be given along with the certificate.
- Certificates may also be provided to other participant(s), who have not won prize, but whose entry shown creative thinking and effort in sending their entries. All cash prizes will be given along with the certificate.
For details of the contest click here.
To read the above notification CLICK HERE.
You can also read taxation of Income from Prize money.
It might be a great move by GST department to market GST but rather than distributing gifts in public it would have been better if they invest in the system of GST and issuance of more refund online.