Ministry of corporate affairs has vide Circular no. 4/2021 Dt. 28.01.2021 exempted levy of additional fees for all types of AOC -4 Form till 15.02.2021 for financial year ending 31.03.2020. This simply means due date for AOC-4 form has been extended.
It is important to note that due dates have not been extended for all types of Form AOC-4.
Earlier extended due date for such forms was 31.01.2021.
Under normal circumstances, Form AOC 4 should be filed within 30 days from the last date of the company’s annual general meeting (AGM) held in a relevant assessment year.
In case of OPC it is to be noticed that the AOC 4 has to be filed within the 30 days period or else within the 180 days.
Penalty and Late fees for Form AOC-4 are as follows:
Late fees on the filling of form AOC 4: From 01st July 2018, the late filing of Form AOC-4 shall attract the penalty of Rs. 100 per day till the date of filing.
Earlier there was a late fee slab for late filing of E-form AOC-4:-
|Number of Days Delayed||Penalty Amount for Late Filing|
|Up to 30 days||2 times of normal filing fees|
|More than 30 days and up to 60 days||4 times of normal filing fees|
|More than 60 days and up to 90 days||6 times of normal filing fees|
|More than 90 days and up to 180 days||10 times of normal filing fees|
|More than 180 days and up to 270 days||12 times of normal filing fees|
Penalty for non-filing of Form AOC 4:
|Defaulting Party||Penalty Imposed|
|Company||INR 1,000 for every day of default subject to Max of INR 10 Lakhs|
|1. Managing Director/Chief Financial Officer
2. In case of the absence of the Managing Director/Chief Financial Officer-Any other Director who the Board assigns the responsibility.
3. In case of the absence of any such Director-All directors of the company
|INR 1 Lakh + INR 100 for each day of default subject to Max of INR 5 Lakhs|
Form AOC 4 is used to file the financial statements for each financial year with the Registrar of Companies (ROC).
|Form||Nature of Form|
|Form AOC-4||Form for filing financial statement and other documents with the Registrar|
|Form AOC-4 XBRL||Form for filing XBRL document in respect of financial statement and other documents with the Registrar|
|Form AOC-4 CFS||Form for filing consolidated financial statements and other documents with the Registrar|
|Form AOC-4 NBFC (IND-AS)||Form for filing financial statement and other documents with the Registrar for NBFCs|
|Form AOC-4 CFS NBFC||Form for filing consolidated financial statements and other documents with the Registrar for NBFCs|
The below-given companies should file AOC 4 in XBRL (extensible business reporting language) Format:
- All companies along with their subsidiaries that are listed on the Indian stock exchange
- All companies, having an annual turnover of 5 crores or above.
- All companies, having an annual turnover of 100 crores or more.
- All companies who are governed under Companies Rules 2011.
Documents required for filing Form AOC-4
The below is list of documents required to filed with the AOC 4:
- Balance Sheet with its Notes
- Profit and Loss Statement with its Notes
- Cash Flow Statement.
- Statement of Change in Equity.
- Reports from the Auditor
- Reports from the Board
- Corporate Social Responsibility Report, if Any
- Statement of Subsidiaries in Form AOC-1, if Any
- Other Relevant Documents, if Any Required
The fees for Filing AOC 4 Form based on the share capital or annual turnover of a company are as follows:
- Less than 1,00,000- Rs 200 per document
- 1,00,000 to 4,99,999-Rs 300 per document
- 5,00,000 to 24,99,999- Rs 400 per document
- 25,00,000 to 99,99,999-Rs 500 per document
- 1,00,00,000 or more -Rs 600 per document
To download circular CLICK HERE.