In one of our earlier post we had discussed about various features that the new e-filing website will bring which will be live from 07.06.2021 i.e. tomorrow and now Ministry of finance has announced via a press release some features of new e-filing website which are as under:
“New, Taxpayer-friendly e-filing Portal of the Income Tax Department To Be Launched on 7th June, 2021
Several New Features Introduced
Free of Cost ITR Preparation Interactive Software Also Available
New Call Centre For Taxpayer Assistance
The Income Tax Department is launching its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in on 7th June, 2021. The new e-filing portal is aimed at providing taxpayer convenience and a modern, seamless experience to taxpayers. Some of the highlights of the new portal are detailed hereunder:
- New taxpayer friendly portal integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers;
- All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by taxpayer;
- Free of cost ITR preparation software available with interactive questions to help taxpayers for ITRs 1, 4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline) to begin with; Facility for preparation of ITRs 3, 5, 6, 7 will be made available shortly;
- Taxpayers will be able to proactively update their profile to provide certain details of income including salary, house property, business/profession which will be used in pre-filling their ITR. Detailed enablement of pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividend and capital gains will be available after TDS and SFT statements are uploaded (due date is June 30th, 2021);
- New call center for taxpayer assistance for promt response to taxpayer queries. Detailed FAQs, User Manuals, Videos and chatbot/live agent also provided;
- Functionalities for filing Income Tax Forms, Add tax professionals, Submit responses to Notices in Faceless Scrutiny or Appeals would be available.
It is clarified that the new tax payment system will be launched on June 18th, 2021 after the advance tax instalment date to avoid any taxpayer inconvenience. The mobile app will also be released subsequent to the initial launch of the portal, to enable taxpayers to get familiar with the various features. Familiarization with the new system may take some time, so, the Department requests the patience of all taxpayers/stakeholders for the initial period after the launch of the new portal and while other functionalities get released since this is a major transition. This is another initiative by CBDT towards providing ease of compliance to its taxpayers and other stakeholders.”
The major highlight above would be new ITR preparation software and it would be great if the software could even prepare computation of Income which has been missing for long time and earlier also Income tax department was providing software to prepare Income tax return and also if the software helps in showing the place/ tab where the error is rather than just listing the error in Income tax return about which many people complaint.
Further it would be interesting to see what new tax payment system is available and whether they will integrate tax payment in e-filing website itself or will people have to still use Tin-NSDL website and what features will be added in the mobile application of Income tax department.
We shall discuss on all of the above as and when they are announced.
To read the full press release CLICK HERE.
If you want to file your Income tax return with Experts CLICK HERE to book an appointment and get a reply within 24 hours.